You can borrow from the Library if you belong to one of the following groups in B.C.:
- Students (including online and distance) registered in JIBC Certificate, Diploma or Degree Programs
- JIBC Faculty and Staff
- B.C. Corrections Branch Personnel
- B.C. Courts Services Branch Personnel
- Emergency Planners (Ministry of Health)
- Family Justice Counselors
- Fire Fighters (Career, Volunteer, Industrial)
- MCFD Youth Justice Personnel
- Police Officers (Regular & Auxiliary)
Anyone attending short-term courses at JIBC, and, members of the general public are welcome to use the Library services on campus. In addition, print JIBC Library materials may be borrowed via interlibrary loan services at public, university or college libraries.
Books, Audio-CDs: 4 weeks, with one renewal if no Holds on item
DVDs/Videos: generally 4 weeks (although loan period may be shortened if a DVD/Video is reserved for a certain date)
Students and staff from other BC post-secondary institutes
Reciprocal borrowing is a program whereby staff and students of member libraries in BC may, on site, borrow library materials from other academic libraries. For more information, see Borrowing from other libraries.
Last updated September 14, 2012